Happy New Year from all of us at Tanteo! With 2016 in full swing, I wanted to share some thoughts on where we are going as a company, and the new year resolutions to get us there.
1. Communicate better: Lots has been going on at Tanteo in 2015, and through the day-to-day grind, I too often forget to document all the exciting stuff we do. I hope to change that in 2016, and it starts with this blog. Expect to see bi-weekly posts in 2016. I hope to take more photos of the production process, highlight some of the interesting people involved in Tanteo’s success, and document how we are improving at the below resolutions. We’re working on adding a message component on this blog so I can hear your thoughts as well
2. Go out more: While one of the top resolutions each year across the country is to drink less, I hope to spend more time out and about meeting the servers, bartenders, retail employees, and bar managers that make Tanteo great. Tanteo is available at a broad range of accounts from Washington, Florida, Maine, California, and everywhere in between. It can be exhausting trying to visit all of them. Nevertheless, our job is to tell the story of how we make the perfect Jalapeño Margarita, and 2016 is a year we would like to tell that story more often.
3. Get more creative with Margaritas: We have been posting a lot of cocktails on our Instagram feed over 2015, as well as on this blog. We will continue this In 2016, however, we are planning to up our game, get more creative with ingredients, and add recipes for all the cocktails we make. Ideally I can apply resolution 1 and 2 and feature more of the amazing Tanteo cocktails I see out in the field. There is so much creativity going on by bar industry professionals across the country - I hope 2016 is a year I can showcase more of it.
4. Spice it up: I mean this both literally and figuratively. Making the world’s best 100% Agave Jalapeño Infused Tequila, has taught us a lot about spice, and how to make it work in food, drinks, and as part of a healthy diet. We hope to share this with you more in 2016. Furthermore, I also want to figuratively spice it up. Successfully running a tequila company requires consistency, but it is also a whole lot of fun. Get ready for more fun photos, exciting Tanteo events, and discussions of some things that might not even fit into the scope of Jalapeño Infused Tequila.
5. Keeping it Handmade: Tanteo is a truly handmade product, with many real individuals responsible for harvesting the agaves and jalapeños, chopping the peppers, macerating them in tequila, and making the final blends. This handmade work ethic extends beyond the distillery to how we decorate the office, develop giveaway items, and spend our free time. We plan to continue the handmade culture at Tanteo in 2016, and we will keep you posted with the progress.
We got a busy year ahead of us in 2016. At the start of it, I am thankful for where we have been in 2015, and excited for where we will go.
Para la buena vida,